Photobucket

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Things One Should Not Shout Out Loud...

Waiting for just the right time


When talking to one's dog at 5:30 AM in the backyard, one should be careful of what one says out loud. I have spent much of the morning chuckling at myself for asking Lux, entirely TOO loudly:

"Sweetie, do you want to gnaw on your balls?"

Ah, yes, the simple joys.

We are expecting thunderstorms today, which I adore, though not so much when I am walking dogs, which I am today. I am hoping that the serious ones don't roll in until after 2PM when I am finished.

This morning, on our "administrative walk" I noted that the poppy which was still in a tight bud yesterday had unfurled. GAWDS!!! I LOVE that color!!!!



Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:


The Biggest Drawing in the World

Daily Earworm:




Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


And Joy is Everywhere;
It is in the Earth's green covering of grass;
In the blue serenity of the Sky;
In the reckless exuberance of Spring;
In the severe abstinence of gray Winter;
In the Living flesh that animates our bodily frame;
In the perfect poise of the Human figure, noble and upright;
In Living;
In the exercise of all our powers;
In the acquisition of Knowledge;
in fighting evils...
Joy is there Everywhere.

Rabindranath Tagore


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Frozen Cherries instead of Ice Cubes!

My cocktail last night was most yummy!

2 oz Ruby Red Vodka by Absolute
Tonic water
lime wedge
frozen cherries

Anytime you can substitute frozen fruits for ice cubes go for the organic and brightly colored ones. Try mango chunks or pineapple slices! Frozen raspberries in seltzer are delicious, too. At the end of the glass there are tasty fruits to nosh on. when the fruit is in season, simply wash and dry and freeze on a cookie sheet. Then bag them up in a ziplock for easy storage. Try melon balls!!! Canteloupe and honeydew look gorgeous in a glass with organic clear Blue Sky sodas.