Photobucket

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday's Child is full of Spunk

I am lovin' this weather. The hiking and running has been most exceptional the past two weeks. Just cool enough to avoid overheating, and warm enough to bask in the sun a little bit, sitting in the back yard watching the flowers bloom. This morning Lux and I met up with Lisa and her dogs, Bomber and Bailey and the time went by so fast. The energy at the lake is so different in the afternoon. I go about 3PM for a second hike now, and find new people, different light, different dogs, and a much different experience. I enjoy them both, but in different ways.

Last night I finally caught the last episode of Cranford on repeat, nodding off slightly at the end, and I tumbled into bed and slept really well. Today is a doggie walking day, so I am off soon, but I wanted to stop in and throw a post at you.


Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Click Here to learn more about Efuel 100

EFUEL100 PRODUCTS



The EFuel100 MicroFuelerâ„¢

"The world's first portable, produce-where-you-consume, ethanol distiller. An easy to use, all-in-one unit. Just add the EFuel100 Feedstock Mix (EFuel100-FM, sugar and yeast) to the unit and press START--set it and forget it. In about 5-7 days, a tank full of Ethanol100 is ready to pump into your vehicle, using the built-in 50-ft retractable fueling hose. The MicroFueler is fully self-contained and self-monitoring. A convenient LCD display exhibits status and operating information. When pumping the ethanol, it operates just like a typical fuel pump at your local gas station. "


Cool Friends Category:


Click here to learn more about Tim Keating: Rainforest Relief

Tim was the first face I saw on my first trip to Earthlands last year. He was stomping through the woods with a hat on smiling. Each time I see him I thank him for being the first person I met there. He is an amazing person, a wild-forager, and an honest and open soul. I am really astounded with his work, and I think you will be too.

Daily Ear Worm:




Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Architectural Textiles: Juicy Jute


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:


Now is the time to know That all that you do is sacred. Now is the time to understand That all your ideas of right and wrong Were just a child's training wheels To be laid aside When you finally live With veracity And love. Now is the time for the world to know That every thought and action is sacred. This is the time for you to compute the impossibility That there is anything But Grace. Now is the season to know That everything you do Is sacred. - Hafiz


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

This is a wonderfully full, jammy, ripe wine, easy to drink (ahem) and very reasonably priced ($9.99). Also of note, it did not suffer much for being kept in the bottle for a second evening sip or three. Some wines fall totally apart with storage, but this one faired nicely, which is good, because I don't quaff a whole bottle very often. Essences of cherries and black currant abound with this wine, and the tannins are respectful. They don't kick you tongue's ass, or stain your teeth a lovely purple. Highly recommended for a Wednesday night "Ghost Buster" adventure. I think Grant and Jay would approve. I know the ghosts would. Heh.