Photobucket

Monday, May 19, 2008

Yawn, Stretch, Sip...




About a month ago I found some ground coffee in the Dented/Dinged bin at the store for 3 bux. It was a "fancy" variety, too, environmentally sound and fair trade organic. It is yummy. Now, at the bottom of the barrel, so to speak, I regret not taking more packs of it. I have made my way back to coffee slowly, and only one cup a day, else the dreaded jaw clench and leg jitters take over at night. I will say though, that I adore the ritual of coffee and tea, the gathering, the pouring of water, the steeping, the waiting, the first sip, walking around my neighborhood on "administrative business" with Lux on leash, coffee mug in hand, shuffling away in the morning sun.

This weekend was very busy. Our catering event at The Groton School went really well. What a gorgeous campus!!! The meal was wonderful (if I do say so myself) and the people were relaxed and fun to serve. I got home after 11 PM, though, and considering my morning usually starts at 5:30 AM, weekend or not, I was pretty wiped out yesterday. I did manage to take Lux on her 2 hour hike later in the day when I had more energy, and a brisk 30 minute run before dinner. I am enjoying running again.

The weather here is phenomenal!!! Upper 60's and sunny with little to no breeze all weekend. Spring sure is Keen!

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Locallectual

A personalized shopping site where you can choose vendors based on your needs and wants with regard to local products, environmental practices and impact and worker fairness.


Daily Ear Worm:



Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds "Stay or Leave" Live




WTF??? Category:


Ridemaster Pro

"The Ridemaster Pro simulates a real 15.2hh medium build horse. It allows the rider to ride to the screen in real-time. The horse is perfectly schooled and capable of doing advanced movements such as medium trot, medium canter, lateral work and rein back. The neck is movable and the leg aids are detected by ‘on the girth’ and ‘behind the girth’ sensors. All movements are mathematically correct."

I wish I could show you the smile on my face when I see this. Absurd, to me, but I am sure equestrians really NEED one of these in the living room. Cough. Sputter. Perhaps, being a chef, I really need a gigantic Hobart mixer in mine, so I can, like, practice making mayo while watching Jon Stewart.

Maybe the company who manufactures this can make me a Ridemaster Pro boyfriend? Now THAT would be worth it, right there, yessireebob.

Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Computer/Graphic Design Category:


And while it takes courage to achieve greatness, it takes more courage to find fulfillment in being ordinary. For the joys that last have little relationship to achievement, to standing one step higher on the victory platform. What is the adventure in being ordinary? It is daring to love just for the pleasure of giving it away. It is venturing to give new life and to nurture it to maturity. It is working hard for the pure joy of being tired at the end of the day. It is caring and sharing and giving and loving… Marilyn Thomsen

Your Daily dose of Wicked-Good Food:



Strawberry Protein Shake

1 handful of strawberries
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 cup silken tofu
1 cup fat free milk
1/2 banana
1 tablespoon of nut butter ( I used cashew)

Place all in blender and blend until smooth.