Photobucket

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Second Wave

Photobucket
Wrywracks

I love the second wave of Spring, when the new blooms arrive, the lilacs, the lilly of the valley. These are my favorite aromas of the Spring flowers. I remember as a child taking the tiny lilac flowers and inserting them into one another to make long chains, necklaces and crowns. I remember licking the little ends of the flowers for their nectar, and the smell of bunches of blooms in vases around the house. Gotta love nature's sex. It is the best.

Yesterday I went on our 3 hour hike, then a nap and a trip to Whole Foods for some sweet white miso for a my friend who felt ill. Miso is great for drawing out toxins, and apparently she was having a battle with a few bugs that were making her miserable and tired. I came home and watched Being There for the umpteenth time, and smiling as he walked on water, tumbled in to a deep sleep only to be awakened at 4 by cats eating my hair. Successfully shooed, they left me alone to sleep until, oh 5:30 when Lux came and pawed my head to get up. Darn...

A long hike again today, and as we rounded the corner found 15 people and 19 dogs at the swimming hole so we stayed and played for half an hour before heading on to finish the rest of the hike. Today is gloriously sunny, and Lux and I headed into Andover for Arts in the Park, a yearly fundraiser for the High School AFS program. Plenty of nifty booths full of nice art, and lots of people milling about. A quick trip to the store for some chicken and then home for lunch with the girls, grilled and smoked chicken breast, steamed green beans and fresh bread. Mmmmmm.

More later, but I wanted to check in and let you all know I am having an awesome Mother's Day, and I hope those Moms out there are having a blast, too.