Photobucket

Monday, May 5, 2008

Here Comes The Sun King

Finally the sun has arrived! We went for the Long Walk this morning, slowly, as although my lungs no longer resemble Jello Pudding Cups, my aerobic capacity is still at bay, and the last big hill climbs from 150 ft to 375 ft in altitude in just under a quarter mile. We took it at snail's pace, while I scanned the horizon for more fiddleheads and for some other greens.

Lux was very excited to spot this rare Wild Spaulding orb. Okay, yeah, it is a tennis ball, but she was thrilled and she played soccer with it all the way up the hill (well, actually it was more like up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, down the hill)...She managed to find some Really Smelly Dead Something. I think she is part Zombie. So into the tub she went on our arrival home. Then I made a tasty breakfast from my foraging efforts which you will see later.

Yesterday was a mixed bag. I had about 4 hours of graphics work to do for a client, and every time I sat down to work SOMETHING would stop me. Phone calls, kids needing rides, dog whining...Arrrrgh! I finally finished up after about 6 hours of hit and miss. Then I made turkey broth with the turkey I roasted earlier in the week. I took all the meat off the bones and sliced it into small chunks and froze them on a tray in the freezer so that I have extra protein to add to the animal's food, and then I made yummy stock, which I had for dinner with noodles and baby spinach. So simple. So tasty. So comforting. I also put some into ice cube trays for doggie snacks and easy sauces. Pretty Keen, if you ask me.

also Keen....

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

I had my djembe drum re-headed recently by a friend of mine. He then did his own, and embellished it with some henna work done by another friend. Check it out:




Check out Strobist for great photo techniques

This site has saved my bacon a number of times. I consistently find excellent resources here, great lessons and hints and phenomenal Do It Yourself tips, like using a portable DVD player for larger image playback during corporate headshots and product shoots so that the client can see what is transpiring. I find myself shooting in florescent light often, and this particular post will be very helpful in color correction.


The fantastic Sculptures of Edouard Marinet


Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


Rebecca Artemisa Urias


Do It Yourself Online Interior Design Graphics Program


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."- Dawna Markova

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Wild Greens and Eggs!!!

The top image is of fiddlehead fern tops and dandelion greens I harvested in the woods this morning. I stir fried those with olive oil and garlic. Then I scrambled an egg, tossed the greens on top with some 75% fat reduced cheese and some avocado slices. Seasoned with salt and pepper. This rocked my world this morning. Almost as much as that tennis ball did for Lux.