Photobucket

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Flu

Okay...EVERY bone and muscle in my body hurts. My feet hurt. My hips and knees feel like there are spikes being driven into them. My fever is still there, but not as high as yesterday. Lovely things are being hacked up by my lungs, and when they do that, it feels like my ribs are broken.

Last night I was too sick to cook, so I ordered Chinese food. I wanted won-ton soup. Nothing more. One daughter wanted soup, the other wanted Singapore Curry Noodles. I waddled to the car. Ow. Ow. Ow. I drove to the restaurant. I picked up my order and drove home.

Wrong order. I opened up the soup and it was a (very) SMALL order. Okay, I thought, I will just share it with the kid and eat some of the noodles. Open the noodles. Hmmmmm. NOT what I ordered.

Waddled back to car. Drove to restaurant. Fixed the order. Drove home. Ate soup. Watched Ghost Hunters. Went to bed. Fever 101.5. doped up with Nyquil. Slept until 5AM. Got up, walked the dog, got the kids ready for school and drove them there.

Went to woods, hoping to let Lux run off leash for an hour. Woods closed. Something about a Town Ordered Burn. Damn.

Drove to some woods nearby and gingerly hobbled around the woods with Lux.

Now I am resting and taking Aleve, getting ready for my busy day.

This, truly, SUCKS.

I have three dog walks and one important meeting today, then pick up the kids and take one to softball practice. All I want to do is sit in a hot tub and soak away my pain.

Ow. Ow. Ow.