Photobucket

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Good Morning!

Photobucket

Lux and I took our traditional "Administrative Walk" this at 5:30 morning. The morning light was peeking out, the air was crisp and, most excitedly, the squirrels were teasing us the whole time. They would walk just ahead of us, scampering then stopping, then walking SLOWLY to a tree. Lux just about popped her chain a number of times. I think if the world suddenly came to an end and Lux was presented with a squirrel as the only survivor other than herself, she would be a very happy doggie.

Here are some other images from this morning:

Photobucket

I dunno why I took this, except that I am grooving on the colors against the black.


Photobucket

The Trinitarian Church on the next street over from my home. The bells ring at noon every day. These bells ringing are the reason why Belle was named Belle. She was born as those bells rang in the mid-day.


Photobucket

This Captain's House is around the corner from my street. We visit many times a day, in different light. I am always hoping to see a ghost in the Widow's Walk. It is a really lovely property.

Photobucket

I see this everyday, too. And it makes me think about the metaphor here. I am constantly working on keeping my heart open, instead of locked against the world.


Photobucket

The "Poor Cynthia"bushes are all bursting.


Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Seen on a website for Funky Things:


Note the item: DEAD BEARS. I wonder how many orders they get for those. And what the hell is the shipping on that??? I mean, really...and "Oh, just leave the dead bear on the back porch if I am not home when you deliver..." (yes, I know these are really for the colorful Grateful Dead bears, but it did tickle my funny bone anyway)




Keen Things as a graph



Firespiral Arts as a graph


Websites as Graphs!! Click here to Check it Out!!


Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Surgeons have used 'em for years. This makes so much sense!

"Foot pedal faucet controllers allow you to control a faucet hands-free. These devices are efficient and hygienic — they are commonly found in commercial kitchens and hospitals. I’m not sure why we don’t see them in more homes. You can reduce water use by 50% using pedal controllers, and if it’s hot water, you’ll be saving power too." Via Metaefficient.com:






Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

Photobucket

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Simple Lemon Soy "Yogurt"

1 package of Silken Tofu (I use Nasyoya brand)
2 lemons, juiced and zest about 3 tablespoons worth
1/3 cup honey

Plop the entire box of tofu in a blender or processor. Add the juice of 2 lemons and the honey. Blend until smooth. Ta Da! I have mine in the morning with rolled oats. Very Healthy, lots of protein and very little fat. You may use sugar, or non-sugar Sweeteners like Splenda (ick) instead of honey if you must.