Photobucket

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Well Seasoned Hellbroth...



(Click Here for definition:Hellbroth)
Thursday: It has been an incredibly stressful day here at the Animal Farm. I dunno if some planet is seriously out of whack and sending everyone into a tizzy, but, damn, when you think of scraping a Valium into your kids dinner drinks JUST TO GET THEM TO STOP CRYING AND SCREAMING about how awful Life is, how incredibly terrible living with Mom is, how “if I had someplace to go to I would run away” all onaccounta becuz I forgot to bring home JUST the RIGHT salad dressing, it is a day for the Wayward Mom’s home. It is that lovely place with the porch and white rockers, where chardonnay seeps into your veins via IV drip and there is a sensor that disallows anyone under 30 entrance to the area. And even then, it is iffy.

Just about the time one said she would NEVER, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES speak to me AGAIN, and the other one is crying so hard she is about to vomit because of something on Facebook about her boyfriend, the dog FLIPS RIGHT THE FUCK OUT at the yard guy and his Very Noisy Leaf Blower. It was all I could do not to toss a Valuim into HER cage, too. A bone did nicely, and I made sure the older one ate something, while the other, more irascible one banged pots around the place and yelled about how awful I am. Let’s just see how awful I am when it comes to getting a ride to school, eh?

And then again I am tired, too. It was a huge dog walking day. Three add ons at the last minute made for some squeaky scheduling, especially because I had agreed to walk my friends dog, Rudy, for an hour in the woods as her husband is out of town this week. Besides this, Lux and I got off-trail today and ended up walking quite a bit longer than usual, getting lost, in fact, but ending up about 1/2 mile from where we wanted to be. Unfortunately, we came out of the woods at the back of a retirement community complex. One which frowns upon doggies, apparently. I thought they would get out their dart guns and we would be running from a hail of arrows or something. Gah. And Foo. So, tired I am, and a bit frayed at the edges. But, I figure six hours of walking in the woods with dogs, and two thoroughly freaked out teens, topped with one tired mom is asking for a downfall of some sort.

Days like this make me long for a Yurt on the plains somewhere, or a tree house in the redwoods, heck, even a boat hauled up into the trees would do. All I really want is a simple life. A cabin, some land, my dog, some friends, some meaningful work, a garden, a keg of really fine beer, a pond or stream or lake to play in. That, my friends, would be REALLY KEEN.
Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Spiffy
BoxPunx



Coming BACK to Tupelo Music Hall in the near future:



Must. Go. Again. She is so very, very...keen and yummy.



Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Cllick Me: Mibo UK



Click Me: Message Tape by Uncrate



Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:



"Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage." - Maya Angelou

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Dinner for unruly teens: Mini meatballs, stir fried leeks, cranberry sauce and squash medallions with maple pepper. If the color doesn't kill them, the yummy factor will win them over. I am not sure why they adore the little meatballs but shirk away from regular sized "hamburgers". Probably because they know that the little ones take a lot more work.


Snarky much?