Photobucket

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Playtime is Funtime

Photobucket
Image by Me





Lux has a doggie friend named Penny. She looks remarkably like Lux, only a bit smaller and of a light brown color. Yesterday was filled with fun. I usually take a weekday off because I work on most weekends these days. We did our usual romp in the woods in the morning. It was really misty and foggy in the morning, lending a wonderful eerie quality to the morning. At first one could not even see the lake.


After about an hour and a long climb up a very steep slope we came to the crest of the hill which looks over our town and about three neighboring towns as well. Pea Soup City.


I took some pictures of the wonderful colors I find in the woods, subtle pastels on birch tree bark, lichen, plants...

Here is a picture of the swamp cabbage plant which grows about 4 inches a day, it seems. I will take another today when I go for our walk in a bit, to show you how fast these things evolve.


Later in the day, after a nap, of course, we drove to Salisbury Beach for a long romp in the sand. Much digging was had, and stick throwing, too. It was windy but clear, and a hell of a lot of fun.


Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:


Generation Press

Go take a looksie at this. I especially like the ability to create a spiral graphic while visiting their well designed website.



I went to Building 19 1/2 the other day to look for some carpet remnants. I found THIS in the kitchen department, and well, you KNOW I had to bring it home to show you...


Photobucket
Um...
Photobucket
And I quote:

"This product is the clear high-tech kitchen with general world Clean appliance. have decontamination power strong do not have scar to not glue The characteristic such as oil is the kitchen clean appliance that receives America, Japan, and Italy deeply to wait for the world housewives thick love of every place. Suitable scope: Family, guesthouse and hotel etc. frub to wash the clean utensil such as refrigerator, washer, the plastic product of aluminum products, porclain wares and glass utensil."

Oh...I have so much thick love of every place...*gigglefit*

Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Rotating Snowflake Coffee Table


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

Image by Me: Age 12

"If I cannot forgive myself
For all the blunders
That I have made
Over the years,
Then how can I proceed?
How can I ever
Dream perfection-dreams?
Move, I must, forward.
Fly, I must, upward.
Dive, I must, inward,
To be once more
What I truly am
And shall forever remain."

- Shri Chinmoy

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

"Ghost Hunters" Wine-O-Da-Week: Gnarly Head Chardonnay. Very tasty. Medium bodied, not too much oak, smooth and quaffable. Just the thing to sip while watching TAPS investigate ghosties. Mmmmmm! And under 10 bux, too! Buy some. You will like it!