Photobucket

Friday, April 4, 2008

Fed up with the Game Show

Image by Me: Age 10



image via ABC News

Okay, I am tired of this campaign process. T.I.R.E.D., and up until yesterday I was only mildly upset at the whole mud slinging deal. But, yesterday I saw a report about, of all things, BOWLING. Apparently, Obama went bowling last week and scored a measly 38 or something. Boo and hiss for the media taking our valuable time and money to tell us about this foible. Had he slept with the guy who sprayed his shoes, that would be a different story. But it did not end there.

No, it did not.

Next up is Hillary calling Obama to the mat, serving him with a chance to redeem himself by bowling with HER. Alrightly...so we are involved in a horrific and expensive war, gas prices are climbing steadily, national ennui is hitting a decade high mark, floods, famine, and economic disaster loom and this woman is spending MY TAX MONEY and MY TIME TO INFORM ME THAT SHE CHALLENGES OBAMA TO A BOWLING MATCH????????

Take a huge bucket of whole-fat WTF, dip your brush in it and paint me head to toe. I think we should put 'em all in a barrel and toss them over Niagra Falls, OUR SIDE, of course. And throw in a few cans of sardines, just for extra flavor. Oh, and MAYBE A BOWLING BALL, TOO!!!!!

Lets just get on with this thing, vote and be done with it. Then I can make my plans to move to another country. Given the economy that should take me at least ONE administration.

So Very Not Cool.

Fortunately for you, this stuff is:
Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

I plead with you to watch the entire video. If you are not slack-jawed with amazement, then, clearly, you are dead.



And here is a video from the TED talks to which I am subscribed. I find many keen and interesting talks there. I suggest you sign up.




Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:



Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

Martin Luther King Jr. and his son Dexter Scott

"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom. " - Martin Luther King Jr.


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food DeLUXe version:



I searched a while for a dog food that would supply Lux with proper nutrients, had less by-products and would not cost me an arm and a leg. I found it with Halo Brand Pet Food. Sure, Ellen Degeneres pointed me in the right direction, but really now, just look at the ingredient list. In a crisis, even my kids and I could eat this stuff. There are ACTUAL peas and ACTUAL carrots and ACTUAL cranberries in this food. Visible. To the naked eye. And, yes, I ATE some of it. Cause, well, my kids MAY ACTUALLY HAVE TO EAT THIS FOR DINNER ONE DAY if the economy continues as it does...


Ingredients: Chicken, Whole Eggs, Pea Protein, Oats, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Pea Flour, Chicken Liver, Whole Salmon, Flaxseed, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Fiber, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, Green Beans, Carrots, Cranberries, Zucchini, Alfalfa, Inulin, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Salt, Folic Acid, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcous Faecium, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite.