Photobucket

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Focused

Yesterday was a huge walking day. I did 6 walks during the day on top of a 1 1/2 hour walk in the woods at 8 am with Lux. The major focus of the morning was the ice at the lake. See, the day before she hurled herself into the cold water to swim a few times, but yesterday the 22 degrees had rendered ice. Clear ice. So, in looking at it from the shore, everything seemed the same. But, no! When she went down to the water it was...different! She sat focused on the ice for a good while, then gingerly approached to sniff and paw at it. When she did, the ice made sounds! More than that, though, the subtle shift made the entire ice cap on that side of the lake groan with whale sounds and long cracking noises. Very beautiful songs, and very curious to dogs. She was mesmerized for a while, then went bounding after some birds.

I am preparing for my trip later this week. Much to do. Laundry and packing and organizing. Phone calls and appointments for the kids. Prom is this weekend, and while I will be sad to miss my daughter's first prom, I am very happy to be seeing my Mom in Pittsburgh. I will be bringing a camera and will send you all pictures of my home town, Oakmont.

Okay, time to post some Major Keen and then get the kids to school!


Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Do you remember when candy was all you thought about?


Click Here to learn more about Lollyphile





Stonehouse Studio (via Trunkt)


Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


Post Modern Bowl for your Post Modern Pets


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

Image by Bruno Baumann

"Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born." - Dr. Dale E. Turner

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

My breakfast this morning:

Cinnamon Raisin Bread with Cashew Butter and slices of Roasted Pear