Photobucket

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Superhero


Able to leap piles of laundry in a single bound! Faster than a speeding slug and having the ability to find lost doggies with lightening speed. Okay, let's discount that last one. The reason I did not post yesterday was mainly due to one very sneaky doggie, who bounded after a squirrel in the woods, a squirrel which decided to take Lux on an adventure. A TWO HOUR ADVENTURE. In the cold and rain. Apparently, this squirrel wanted Lux to go to Chicago, or something. By the end of the ordeal we were both pretty exhausted. And smelly. This squirrel decided to take Lux to Chicago via the Swamp of Great Sulfuric Aromatics. Thus the first of many baths for Lux. Which, contrary to many other dog stories I have heard, she loved. Dr. Bronner's almond soap and warm water, a bit of scrubbing and almost all of my towels later, a clean doggie was sleeping in her crate.

I, however, am still recovering from the adventure. Mostly, this is due to the fact that my neighbors have been arguing in the wee hours of the morning, on the other side of the wall from where my bed is. When I say arguing, I mean the twenty year old, whiny daughter and some unidentified male were drunk and disorderly, falling into furniture, screaming and crying. Two nights in a row. Where the hell Mom is, I do not know. I think she must be on a cruise or something. I put up with it for a little while, but when 12:30 rolled around I banged on the wall and yelled "KNOCK IT OFF!" which they did. Until, oh, about 5AM. So not so much rest for me. Later today I shall ring their doorbell and ask for the Mom. Next time it will be me dialing the Police.

Onto Major Coolness...

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

The Daily W00t!: Woot is an online discount seller of some pretty cool things. They list one item a day and when it is sold out, it is sold out. They have amazing deals, and while I am not a client yet, I do know some people who are, and those people are mighty happy that W00t is around.

From their site:

"What is Woot and who's behind it?

Woot.com is an online store and community that focuses on selling cool stuff cheap. It started as an employee-store slash market-testing type of place for an electronics distributor, but it's taken on a life of its own. We anticipate profitability by 2043 – by then we should be retired; someone smarter might take over and jack up the prices. Until then, we're still the lovable scamps we've always been."

Here are some examples of what they sell:





Go check 'em out at www.woot.com


Okay, this is HELLA COOL:

I had found this earlier last month, and then a friend of mine sent me a link to it as well, so here it is. It is a bit long, but damn, it is cool.






Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Click Here to learn more about Nazmiyal Antique Rugs

These folks have some really marvelous rugs and the designs are so much fun to explore!

Dwell Studio


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

Gayle Smith, in her comments as one of four people closing the CGI conference, “If we want to change the world, change regions, rebuild – women are not an add-on. They are the way forward.”

Click Here to Learn more about the Clinton Global Initiative



Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Home made corn tortillas with shredded chicken

I made the tortillas using my press, but you may make them by rolling out the dough and cooking them in a frying pan as well.

1 cup corn flour
3/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons oil ( I use walnut)

Cooked chicken, shredded
Taco sauce
shredded cheese
lettuce
sliced tomatoes

Mix the flour, water and oil until it forms a dough. Knead until smooth. Pinch off golf ball sized globs and roll on a floured surface until flat. Place on a hot griddle or pan and flip after a minute or so.

Place shredded chicken, chopped lettuce, tomatoes and cheese on top. Top with taco sauce. Yummy!