Photobucket

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Home Again

Image by Me: Age 10

I arrived via a rather circuitous route through Washington DC, instead of through Philly yesterday. Apparently, Philly has had enough of people like me. I know, they said it was "air traffic", but it seemed as if they simply did not want "cheerful and perky" people on the plane. At least that is what I gathered from the short time I actually sat on the plane to Philly. Before we DE-planed. Then were Canceled. I only had a 40 minute gap between flights connecting in Philly for Manchester, NH. Thus the switch to DC, which afforded me more time, onaccountabecause they actually had INTENTION to LEAVE the runway.

So DC had flowering trees. Manchester, however........snow!

I think Lux had an aneurysm of glee upon seeing me. At first, she looked at me as if she must be seeing things. Then she ran and flipped in the air, jumping and hugging and generally in a total **SQUEE!!!!!** mode. It was great! Today we ran in the woods for almost 2 hours, and she swam for quite a while, too. Then we had dog walks to do, and came home to rest for a bit. I worked up the new masthead and did some errands.

It was wonderful to be in my old hometown, but I must say that being back in my own bed and hiking in my nearby woods in the sun, with the water twinkling on the lake today was sheer bliss. And very, very Keen...

Thus, I present unto you:

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Image by Shawn Kenney

Click Here and Here to learn more about Will Paint for Food!





NYC: Design the BEST Bike Rack and win $10K!!!

NYC Department of Transportation in conjunction with the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum is holding a wonderful contest for new bicycle parking for the city. In order to promote the environmental benefits of sustainable transportation this world wide project seeks the ideas of designers and individuals for sidewalk racks and parking for inside buildings as well. Go check it out! What a Keen Idea!


Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:




ABC will never feel the same again!


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

Image by Me: Age 8

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle. A person only gains light by bringing light into another's life." - Unknown author -

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Beringer Pinot Grigio

Wednesday night is "Ghost Hunter" night at my house. Usually this involves sipping some wine. Last night I bought this Pinot Grigio to sip and was very pleasantly surprised. Most of Beringer's wines are a bit too sweet for me, but I thought I would chance it with this and was glad that I did. Sure, it had a tinge of sweetness to it, but it was clean and bright and fully capable of holding it's own to some tasty food, had I any, which I did not. My dinner was comprised of marbled rye bread and cashew butter. The cupboards are bare. I shall go to the grocery store today and fill up with good and wholesome food. Anyway, this is another under $10 wine that you can feel unafraid to bring home to guests or just for sipping by yourself, or in my case, with your DOG.