Photobucket

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Whereupon I deliver...

Okay, as promised, here are some Cool, Wonderful, Inspiring and Wicked-Good things for you to ponder upon: (and, yes, my toes are feeling better!)

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

This video is really amazing. At times, the freaky visuals tweak my brain, but overall, the animation in this is extrordinary.






This little kid makes me smile in a BIG WAY:

See more funny videos at CollegeHumor



Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Amazing Tungsten Rings

Not that I am considering marriage ever again, but, damn, these are really keen rings!



Crazy Staircase designed by TAF



Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

“Imaginary evil is romantic and varied; real evil is gloomy, monotonous, barren, boring. Imaginary good is boring; real good is always new, marvelous, intoxicating.” Simone Weil



Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Delicate Crab Soup

1 quart lobster broth (you could use clam broth, or other fish broth)
bits of yummy meat from lobster
1/2 can crab meat
1 cup "cream"
1 teaspoon tarragon

I bought myself a lobster the other night to celebrate finishing my taxes. After dinner, I saved the carcass and took out the bitter parts, put the rest back into the steaming water, added more, and some sea salt and continued to simmer to render a tasty broth. I also picked the meat out of the backfin portion of the lobster. There are lovely, tasty pockets of flesh to be had in the deep parts of the thorax portion. I reserved those in a little bowl. Today I simmered the broth, added the lobster bits, and added 1/2 can of crabmeat. I added about 1 cup of Fat Free "Cream", about 1 teaspoon of tarragon and a sprinkle of Old Bay Seasoning. Garnished with tomato slices