Photobucket

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Update

Found this sweet little image on the side of the road this weekend during a walk. I had to bring her home.


This little lichen came from the woods this morning. So delicate!


Sunday is Cooking Day at my house. I make lots of noise banging around my cast iron.


And, well, this one HAD to come home with me. Marshalls...$29.00 cast iron enamel and heavier than my teen daughter. Pwitty Bwoo, too!





Chili is a-cookin'! This batch has the following ingredients:

2 medium onions, sliced
1/3 cup chili powder (saute with the onions to bring out the deep flavor)
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons cumin
2 table spoons oregano
3 tablespoons hot pepper flakes (optional)

1 medium can kidney beans
I large can Hominy (puffy-soaked corn kernels...yummo!)
1 large can diced tomatoes (with juice)
1 small can tomato paste
2 teaspoons beef boullion
2 cup water
2 cups red wine

2 cups Texturized Vegetable Protein reconstituted with 1 cup HOT water

I am lettin' it stew while I finish up my taxes. Which is to say, oh for the rest of the day, prolly.
I will let you know how it comes out.

Tomorrow I am off to the kitchen to cook for the MSPCA annual lunch. I may not get to post until Tuesday some time. Then again, Lux is off to be spayed Tuesday and I have a bunch of dog walks scheduled. Anyway, just keep coming back here like the sheep that you are, always returning for more Keen Grazing...

Have a good one...and get that envelope to the Infernal Revenue Service on time!