Photobucket

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Phone Cam Update:

Mr. Goosie swimming in the pond at the end of my street on Thursday...back when the sun still ruled the sky. Before the floods and pestilence. Before my addiction to Nyquil and my purchase of stock in Kleenex Co.

Here is the Map of the area...See?! My house is at 17 Bixby and the pond is 2 blocks away!

The blur which is Penny and Lux on any given day, for, oh, about 40 minutes, until they cease and stare at me all frothy and tired.

The waterfall at the Sutton Pond Complex about half a mile from my house. The water was very forceful due to the heavy rains we have been having. This stream connects to the many ponds I visit, and heads directly to the Shawsheen Waterway and the Merrimack River.

"Watch Children Bite". One of my all-time favorite signs in town. Down the street is one that used to say "School Crossing", but now reads "chol Crong", another giggle teaser.

A reminder from this morning's walk about why I don't walk the woods in thunderstorms.

Here is a Google Earth map of the woods where Lux and I walk every day:

The Red is the BIG WALK, which takes a couple of hours hours. The Blue is the SMALL WALK, one with much higher elevation hill-climbing, which takes about an hour, depending on how many stops we make to visit with doggie buddies, or, in my case this week, time to bend over and hack up a lung. If you look closely, you can see 17 Bixby is marked with a little grey square. It is grey specifically because it is Prime Squirrel Country. Lux makes sure I fill the bird feeder with sunflower seeds to maintain the population of squirrels in our yard. The birds? She could care less. Unless, of course they have expired in the woods. Then they are oh-so-much fun to roll on. Mmmmmmm!