Photobucket

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Evening Walk

I love the little Woofwood tree in my back yard. The bird feeder hangs from it's branches, and the cardinals and finches visit often. So, ahem, do the squirrels.

Pwetty Purple Flox

Two days ago I noticed that most of the Goosies had had their babies. One couple had 5 little fuzzy goslings swimming beside them. Another had four. Mr. and Mrs. Goosie are still waiting patiently for their little ones, however.

But, yesterday when Lux and I went for our evening stroll, there were only 2 babies to be seen on the pond!!! I am so worried and sad! I hope the hawks and coyotes did not have fuzzy appetizers yesterday!


Mrs. Goosie was just standing there with her mouth open, being silent. You can see how close she lets us come! We will check on them twice a day now as the time is coming near. She is behind the others in her hatchlings. I hope everything is okay...

Here is the nest. 5 eggs ready to pop!

Gliding silently on the evening blue...