Photobucket

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Le Petite Post

First off, some phone cam images from our walk around Haggett's pond yesterday:






My daughter had a softball game in Andover last night around 6PM, so Lux and I ran off to the lake nearby for a long jaunt. It was a glorious evening, a light breeze, tons of birds, friendly people on the path, and Lux and I had a total blast. We started a new game I call "Pine Cones". This game involves me tossing pine cones at Lux while she ignores me at her until she responds by grabbing one and running away. Then I grab another and throw it and we play fetch with the huge pine cones until she gets bored of it. She tries really hard to ignore me, but it does not last long...very funny. I can *see* her pretending to ignore me, the sideways glances, the body posture.

Toward the end of our walk we crossed a very muddy part of the path which was bridged by some fallen branches. I spent some time really getting INTO balance and feeling my lack thereof, or my strength, meanwhile Lux was WAY ahead of me on the path. She looked back at me and said:

"Silly humans, you bi-peds are SO SLOW!!!", and she took off to investigate the swamp on the right side of the path.

Trying to lure her away from this very muddy and stinky place I raised up my hand with a treat in it and called "Lux! Treat!!!" which usually gets her running for me. This time not so much. She looked at me before jumping in and said:

"I SEE your WHEEEEEEET. I raise you SWAMP!!!!" Lucky for her, and for me, there was a place on the banks of the pond to get her in and rinsed off before getting into the car.

Today I am off to the kitchen. We have 9 events planned for the summer so far, and tons of cool work to do. So I will make this post a small one as I have a metric ton of stuff to do before I head off to work.

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

"If you build it, they will come" category :aka Don't let the kids out to play before looking FIRST:


"Mommy, those kids look wierd!"



Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


Transparent House does concrete justice


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

"You're not the BOSS OF ME!!!" - Her
"Um, yeah, I am. Get in the god-dammed car" - Me


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Image via Hopwild.com

Very, very Yummy. If you are a fan of the brew-o-da-hops, this ale is really tasty. Brewed in the traditional Belgian style (my favorite) with keiffer lime leaves and lime peels, this citrusy beverage is complex, yet not heavy. Serve as shown with a slice of citrus (I prefer orange or lemon, but you may use lime as well, to, you know, complete the trifecta)