Photobucket

Friday, May 23, 2008

Rain approaching: phone camera image

My New Buddy, Lila enjoying spaghetti: another phone cam image

Yesterday was a full and wonderful day. I did not make it to the morning hike at Wier Hill, because of child issues and late to school morning, but I did go visit Lila and her cool mom, Lisa and their dogs, Bomber and Bailey for a bit, then I headed off for dog walks for the day. I returned later in the day to walk Lisa's dogs for her because a family emergency made her unable to do so. I found a New-To-Me area called Goldsmith Woodlands, 170 acre reserve smack dab in the middle of Andover, with great trails. It was great fun. Lux was exhausted by the end of the day, as was I, and we went to bed at 8:30 again.

I have a French Barge worth of stuff going on internally these days. Lots of processing about parenting, which is very difficult right now. Also, I am fortunate to say that I have new friends winding into my life lately, and it makes me so happy to get to know them. I have one pen pal in the mid-West (Hi K.!) and my new buddy Lisa and her family and friends. It is fresh air breezing into my life right now, and it feels really good. Keen, in fact.

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:


Galaxy Paperweight



Daily Earworm: Selena Cross: I'm Not Lost





Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:




Red Dot Design Winner BBQ



Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” Washington Irving


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Healthy Late Morning Snack

One banana
handful of almonds
2 tablespoons Earth Balance Spread
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons organic maple syrup

Slice the banana in thirds and then slice those pieces in half lengthwise. Cook the banana in the spread for three minutes then add the almonds. Continue to cook for additional 2 minutes then add the maple syrup, nutmeg and gently move the bananas and nuts around until coated. Serve warm.