Photobucket

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Out with the Old-In with the New

Photobucket

Shovel, meet Rake!

Dearest Shovel, we had a long and lovely winter together. I held you often, and we played and worked side by side for many days. You are really pretty. I love your color. But, frankly, lately our relationship has been waning. I mean, I love you, really, but...there is someone new. She has a lot of fingers, and makes a delightful "twangy" noise when I pull her just the right way. And, well...under all that snow we played with over the winter is a bunch of crap that needs to be gathered up. As much as I care for you, you really suck at gathering up twigs and leaves. I need her now. Sorry. Can we still be friends? I am sure we will be playing again together a while from now. Be well, fair shovel.