Photobucket

Friday, March 7, 2008

Step Away from my Girlfriend...


It is no secret to many that I dislike Paula Deen with a passion. It is probably no secret to many that I love Ellen Degeneres. So, it was more than painful for me to see this image. I did not watch the Ellen show, because listening to Paula talk is more painful than having my teeth pulled with a rusty wrench while experiencing a hangover. A bad hangover. With a stick of butter on the side, Y'all. And I could not bear to see the two together in the same space. So, it was with quite a bit of inner fortitude (and two glasses of merlot) that I sat through Paula's show last night, at least until the hot chocolate lava cakes were done. Still... I had to endure the following comments by her:

Bite Me

"Add the confectionate sugar" (confectioner's, dear...)

"Now, I just have to be sure to distribute the batter evenly between the six baking cups" (Among, woman, AMONG)

"Now let's just see how good I do at that" (WELL. WELL. WELL! As in, you should be roasted and served WELL DONE).

I woke up with a muscle spasm in my upper trapezius muscle, that long band that helps turn your head to the side. Yah. That one. Ow. I got yanked by a dog yesterday and, well, today I feel like there is concrete in my neck. Concrete with knitting needles. Like I said, Ow. Much stretching will ensue today. And heat packs. Maybe even ice. Did I say OW? I blame Paula. Utterly. Entirely.

Only a hefty dose of cool will help me now...thus:

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:



Let Me In

Click here for Squirrel of Snooze's Etsy Shop

How sweet are these?? I recently catered an event for the Grey2K Greyhound Rescue group and on each table they had greyhound dolls similar to these bunnies. I wanted one badly ( well, okay, the DOG too) but they were for auction. I watched a woman walk off with the one I loved best stuffed into her Prada purse. I wanted to clip that right out of that bag. Had I known how expensive they were I mighta changed my feelings...still..major cute!



Click here to see more of Jenifer Altman

I stumbled on Jenifer Altman through a blog I love called Matt Bites (click here to go visit!)
I love that blog. And I love Jenifer's work with food, especially. I aspire to such greatness.


Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Click here to learn more about Flor Tiles

Flor tiles are fabricated from renewable resources, such as corn. They are modular floor tiles that are moveable, easy to clean if spilled upon, and they contain no formaldehyde or SBR latex. When they become too worn to use, you may return them to FLOR for recycling.


Click here to learn more about these amazing Stefani water filters

We all know by now that bottled water is a horrific stress on the environment. Aside from that, toxic compunds are leeched into the water you drink. These are ceramic filter systems and I highly suggest you go take a look.


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:


Image by Me

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by
the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:


Image by Me

This is one of my "Go To" Reds. Under 10 dollars, rich with ripe, jammy fruit, but having enough tannin to hold it's own in a food fight, this merlot is simply yummy. I suggest it highly. the other wines from this winery are also fine, and one of my most favorites is the old vine Lodi Zinfandel which runs about $15 a bottle.