Photobucket

Friday, February 29, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

I love getting boxes in the mail, even the ones I expect. My Mom sent me some Whey Kewl stuff, a heatable pack with lavender, and a nifty pop-up book! Also, this came to me yesterday and I could not be more thrilled. In my copious spare time (yah...right) I study. I borrow or get books on type, graphic arts, In Design, Illustrator, whatever I can get my paws on, and I Absorb. I often hop on the internet and do tutorials, or gift myself with a pretend task of some sort, a folder design, a newsletter layout, a web page, and I go at it as if I were being paid to do so. Yeah, boring life, eh? But, really, I love this stuff. I want to be better at what I do, and for free, I can keep my skills honed AND end up with portfolio worthy work at the same time.

This is a beautiful book, and it is filled with inspiring examples of excellent design work from some of the top design firms and some new to me as well. W00t! Expansion. Speaking of expansion...

I find that M&M's help greatly, especially the ones with Special Writing on them. These say "I love my Girls" and "Great Gramps". They were Valentines gifts to my daughters from their great grandfather (step-mom's grandpa). Of course I chuckle when I parse it as Great Cramps. But, that's me...goofy.

Yesterday was a Kick Ass Kitchen Day. We cranked out an amazing amount of work yesterday, and I will be returning this morning to arrange a platter and get a few things done before the event tomorrow. I will try to keep up with posting as best I can so continue to stop by to see if I am still alive. Virtual Pulse Check...

Here is some coolness to start things off today!

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:





High Tech Noon!!!



Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

Painting by Robert Gribbroek

"In the last analysis, the individual person is responsible for living his own life and for "finding himself." If he persists in shifting his responsibility to somebody else, he fails to find out the meaning of his own existence. "- Thomas Merton


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Fruit Compote with Fat Free Yogurt and Walnuts

This is my breakfast this morning!

1/3 cup fat free organic yogurt
1 handful of walnuts
1 cup frozen berry mix warmed on the stove with 1 tablespoon of Agave Nectar
and, of course, the best part...Whipped Cream (a moderate and demure little dollop)