Photobucket

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sunny Morning in the Window




All of 17 degrees here this morning. The girls sat in the window with the flowers, the sun streaming in. I *had* to take out the camera. We are to get from 4-6 inches of snow here tomorrow night. I am so confused. 60 degrees one day...17 a couple of days later. I won't complain about the snow, though, as I love it, and we are at the tail end of winter now.

I have been busy as a taxi driver to the kids this week, as it is vacation week for them, and that means lots of mileage and pizza. At least I don't have to pay for a week in Cabo or anything. But, that does mean that I have had less time for this blog, thus the lack of a *daily* post.

Hello to India and China and the Netherlands, by the way! They dropped in yesterday. It was nice to see them!

Your Almost Daily Dose of Cool Things:


Office Trike!


Say "Hello!" to Lab Partners!



Um, yeah....tentacle implants!


Your Almost Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:




When I heard the learn’d astronomer,

When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,

When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide,

and measure them,

When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with

much applause in the lecture-room,

How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,

Till rising and gliding out I wander’d off by myself,

In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,

Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. - Walt Whitman-


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Potatoes, Carrots and Brussels Sprouts with Indian Spices


(serves 1 as main or 2 as a side)

2 large potatoes

2 large carrots (or a handful of baby carrots)

handful of sprouts, quartered

1 cup plain non-fat yogurt

1 teaspoon garam masala

1 teaspoon cumin

1/2 teaspoon tumeric

(or alternatively, use curry powder)

Steam the above vegetables until just fork tender. Combine the yogurt and spices. Toss the vegetables in the yogurt mixture and serve.