Photobucket

Friday, February 8, 2008

Yes, there is light

Image by Me

I very much enjoy walking around in the snow. There are so may shades of white and gray and blue...I love the way snow changes things, softens, cleans, redeems.

Last night can be summed up in four words: Iron Chef: Battle Chocolate.

What a kick that was!!! So much so that I found myself sitting there eating spoonfuls of cocoa nibs and drizzling agave nectar into my gullet, with a dried cranberry chaser. Seriously. I *have* to see that one again.

I found out that I get to have Emma for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had so much fun yesterday playing with sticks in the field. She is a most excellent retriever. I thought about the correlation again yesterday. I like my friends like I like my dogs. Intelligent, conversant, gentle, able to walk in the woods for hours, loyal, cuddly, playful companions are the bestest. I am so looking forward to stomping around in the snow tomorrow with her. I will post some pictures!


Image by Me

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:
Shop till you drop but be Green about it!



Very Kewl Rubber Bands!

Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

A.J. Burridge


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

Image by Me

"Happiness is your nature. It is not wrong to desire it.

What is wrong is seeking it outside
when it is inside. "

- Ramana Maharshi


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Image by Me


Healthy Hot Cereal

1/2 cup Rice and Shine hot cereal from Arrowhead Mills
1 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1 mashed banana
1 tablespoon raw cocoa nibs
maple syrup (not needed, really, but if your sweet tooth is yakking at you, go for it)

Boil the water and add the cereal. When cooked to your favorite consistency, add remaining ingredients.

This has lots of fiber, is high in essential fatty acids and has a dash of antioxidants as well!