Photobucket

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another Wonderful Tuesday


Image by Me

I would like the world to know that I have not had a cup of coffee in five days. Anyone who knows me understands the deep meaning of that. I finally decided that it was time to detox from coffee. See, it is not the caffeine that does me in. Actually, I do fine with the stimulants. It is other compounds in coffee that lead to muscle spasticity for me, and I was having some TMJ symptoms, aching jaw, cracking and popping sounds on chewing, and headaches. Those things are abating now, and that means I can probably nosh on a bagel this weekend. Yay!

Life has been a bit complex these past few days. Raising teens is not easy. I am also having some difficulty with one of my clients. One of the kids was home sick with stomach flu yesterday. And a certain financial burden reared it's ugly head yesterday. And then there is that nasty car accident to deal with. So, um, yeah, lots of things going awry. But, I remain calm and positive. Just more to put on the List of Things To Do.

And, of course, high on that list is Looking For Cool Things on the internet!

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Periodic Table Printmaking Project

Kiva Loans



Melanie Horsnell



Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


John Ferdinand
"Our focus is on creating beauty, that every piece you hold in your hands is tactile, it's arresting, and it makes an emotional connection. We care passionately about quality, about integrity and uncompromising attention to detail."


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:



"Einstein was wrong when he said "God does not play dice". Consideration of black holes suggests, not only that God does play dice, but that He sometimes confuses us by throwing them where they can't be seen." Stephen Hawking


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Frommage D'affinois

For those who adore the creamy type cheese, this is a real treat. Frommage Daffinois is a smooth, lightly nutty soft cheese. Read More Here! My favorite way to serve this cheese is simple and delightful. I use the mini toasts (similar to melba toasts which may be used as well) a dollop of the cheese and a smidge of Red Pepper Jelly. So very Yummy.