Photobucket

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Antioxidants? Anti-accidents? Whateva...

I know some of you are laughing right now. But, really, I seem attract this stuff. None of the accidents I have been in in the past 8 years have been my fault. There have been three. The first one happened when the car in front of the car in front of me stopped suddenly, causing all of us to crunk. That was the end of the 89 Toyota Camry. The next one was 2 years ago, about now, actually, when the car in front of the car in front of me decided to BACK UP from an off-ramp. Totaled my 2001 Toyota Corolla. Today, I was sitting in my VERY STILL car on the approach to Storrow Drive, after driving almost 2 hours in bumper to bumper (no pun intended) traffic for a drive into the city, when the car behind me and in the lane to my right decided to cut in front of me. See, we had been sitting for a while, and the car in front of me inched up a wee bit. I decided to wait as the oncoming traffic from the bridge by the TD/Bank North side was really VERY ONCOMING. He/she seriously misjudged the distance involved. Bam!

So, yeah, I got swiped. I put my car in park, turned on my emergency lights, checked my left to see if it was safe to get out of the car to exchange information, and when I looked up, the car was GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gah. Bah, and Foo. Traffic all around me, I got in my car and drove to my destination. When I looked behind me after starting my engine up I saw the lady behind me on her cell phone, and I can only hope she was calling in the hit and run.

$500.00 deductible applies until we can find that sucker. I am probably looking at replacing the bumper and the front panel.

I hate city driving. I am not feeling too very much KEEN today.

Maybe this will cheer me up?

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:


Snow Sculpture in China


Venus Orrachi Illustator Extaordinare!


This guy is simply amazing!! The things he does with a computer astound me. Photo realism at its best! I can only dream to be this good.

Your Daily dose of Wonderful Design:

I wrote about a jacket made with this type of voltaic material once before on another blog. I am ceaselessly interested in this type of futuristic thinking when it comes to clothing and accessories. While watching an episode of Project Runway a while back, one of the designers used this type of fabric on a futuristic design for a jacket that was really stylish. I only hope my kids don't ask for one for school, cause they cost major Washington's.


Voltaic Backpacks


Your Daily dose of Inspiring Words:

"Their carma may have hit my carma, but just wait until their karma hits them back"- Me

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

I am going to slide a bit on this today and report to you about antioxidants. I have several things I drink that I really enjoy, all of which are horrifically high in antioxidants. The first is Pomegranate juice.


I drink the POM brand, if it is on sale. I slug about 1/4 bottle a day. It is really strong and juicy (ahem) and it is bursting with fresh flavor. Bottle tells me little but the site tells me lots. Apparently, the phytonutrients in this tonic are beneficial for many things, such as atherosclerosis
, and, well, erectile dysfunction. Well, at least my veins is happy. *cough*

The next beverage I drink is Guayaki Yerba Mate a flavorful herbal brew (especially the mocha one!), though I do not yet have the fancy gear to drink it like the indigenous folk do. Maybe after I pay off my car repair...


The other drink is a tea made from Wolfberries/Goji berries
which are sweet and sour dried berries yielding a fruity tea. The berries, when soaked, are really yummy to eat, and I look forward to the bottom of the mug so I can munch on them. I have not been sick in a really long time, and I owe that, in part, to the antioxidants that I consume daily, lots of fresh air and a calm life. well, except for today....*sigh*