Photobucket

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Humor adjustment



Contrary to popular belief my adventures at the insurance adjuster went well this morning. At least I *think* it went well. I suppose when I get the final report on how much they are gonna cough up of the almost $1,500.00 I give them a year back to me. I think Fred Flintstone had the best bumper around. And the best dog, too. Hell, even Wilma was sorta hot. Today is a dog walking day for me. good thing, too. Four hours of hiking in the woods is exactly what I need today. And my iPod. Which reminds me...coming soon to Keen Things is a segment called iPod uPod wherein I give you a link to and iPod playlist available on iTunes. One of my favorite bloggers, Anne, at Ample Sanity is the reason I learned about 24 new to me artists last year. I figure, gotta spread the love, so keep your eyes peeled for Auditory Keen in upcoming posts.

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Something most likely to be ON aforementioned iPod uPod. WARNING; THIS MAY NOT BE FOR EVERYONE. BUT, REALLY, IF YOU ARE SITTING AT HOME AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT WITH NO WINE IN SIGHT, WELL, IT HITS THE FRIKKEN SPOT. SO THERE. (caps on purpose, 'cause I am like that) (I think it is my responsibility to look at life in a positive way today. Thus the silliness you are subject to today, so put on your Giddy hat and crank the lever to 7.)



Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

"Where do I get my ideas from? You might as well have asked that of Beethoven. He was goofing around in Germany like everybody else, and all of a sudden this stuff came gushing out of him. It was music. "I was goofing around like everybody else in Indiana, and all of a sudden stuff came gushing out. It was disgust with civilization." --Kurt Vonnegut, August 10, 2004

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:
Roasted Beet and Carrot Salad

I usually roast a huge pan of vegetables on Sundays. That way I have them to pick at all week, my kids love to munch on them, and then we have them to put into quesidillas as snacks. today I made a salad for my lunch later, with roasted beet slices, roasted carrot slices, chevre and broccoli rabe greens. The colorful dressing was a simple olive oil and garlic maceration, with some smashed roasted beet to extract the color, a spoon full of apple cider vinegar to brighten up the top note, a pinch of celtic sea salt, a 1/2 teaspoon of Agave Nectar, and crushed black pepper.