Photobucket

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Spring????

Image by Me:Winter Marsh

It has been gray and rainy here for days on end. My full-spectrum lightbox and I are getting really close now. It is so romantic. I burn out my retinas every morning for a full half hour if it is going to be dark all day, and for 15 minutes if we expect *some* sun. Yeah, it's just me, the kitties, my Yerba Mate tea and the bright light of a thousand suns every morning. This morning I watch Good Morning America and behold that game which is Pac Man/Woman, as our esteemed race runners gobble up delegates as they sweep the national primaries. Yes, I voted yesterday. And, to be honest, it wasn't until I had the pen in my hand that I could make a choice. Truth is, while I like Obama and his message, his charisma and his new vision, I don't think he has the experience to carry us through the next onslaught. I don't need a friend in the White House. I need a ball buster. And, frankly, the thought of any of the republicans getting to make decisions for me, for my daughters, for the world, scares me to death. I shall likely move out of the US in five years, if things do not improve, but my kids are here, and the choices made now will affect them for a long time.

I have a busy week with much to do. I have several photo shoots scheduled and some important meetings with clients. Not much going on in the commercial kitchen these days, but that is fine. I am working on many projects that are food related, and I am developing some fine recipes.

Enough blather, on with the cool stuff.


Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:


Basil Atticus cotton fabric

"These amazing fabrics start with canvas made from certified organic cotton, grown in Texas and milled in South Carolina. The designs are hand-printed by skilled artisans in New England. The Organic Trade Association’s Fiber Processing Standards are followed in all stages of production, with water-based, heavy-metal-free pigments used in printing and no chemical agents ever added."

Hemp Fabric
"Made from naturally grown hemp, raised as a companion plant in the fields of China without the use of pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Farm and mill workers are paid a fair wage for their work, receive benefits and have a significant amount of say about their jobs. Purchase this fabric knowing you are making a difference!"




Central Office of Design: creates an exquisite alphabet!


Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


Handblown light bulbs by Dylan Kehde
(via deZeen)

Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:


But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. - Kahlil Gibran

Your Daily dose of Wicked-Good Food:



Easy eggs with tomato and tarragon! (these are still cooking in this picture)

2 organic eggs
1 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp tarragon leaves
pinch of salt ( I used pink Himalyan)
pepper to taste
grape tomatoes (about 2) sliced
1/2 teaspoon olive oil

In a skillet heat oil and crack 1 whole egg and use only the white of the other egg. Allow that to cook partially then add the cream cheese in little bits, sprinkle on the herbs and spices and add the tomatoes. You may either cook until done while it is open and flat, OR flip half over to make an omelette. Lots of protein, not too much fat, totally yummy!