Photobucket

Monday, February 18, 2008

Rainy Monday with Soup and Crackers

Photobucket
Images by Me



Let me start by saying that my thermometer on the back porch looks like this:

Photobucket

Do you see what it says??? It is pouring rain outside this morning, and there are Spring Aromas wafting about. Very Strange. And wonderful, too. I have the windows open wide around the house, letting it all in. The cats are very perplexed.

I confess, I was unable to bring myself to Pinch OR Sprig this weekend. I have had a headache for three days now. Sorry. I know you will forgive me.

My weekend was spent mostly horizontal. I ate toast and watched movies all day yesterday. This weekend was filled with "Millions", "Ring of Fire" and "The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming!". An impromptu Pad Thai was constructed, but alas I did not snap any pictures of it. This week is school vacation week and that can mean a lot of things, primarily the mind numbing trips to the mall. I have found a new way to spend my time, though. After dropping the kids at the Mawl, I head over to Nevins Farm MSPCA Animal Shelter and volunteer to walk a few doggies. Gotta have my fix, you know? Far better than sitting in Ruby Tuesdays nursing a Blue Moon beer for an hour or two.

I finally finished the masthead for March and I really love it. Hope all of you will too! I consider it a design challenge every month to come up with something interesting and colorful, and I continue to hone my design skills by doing so.

On to some Really COOL Stuff!

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Chris, and his wife, over at Rude Cactus had a wonderful baby boy! Congrats to you all at the Cactus house!


Photobucket

Wolfgang Tillmans


Photobucket
Very funny Ads

Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Photobucket



Photobucket
Private Cloud


Your Daily dose of Inspiring Words:

Photobucket


"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that." - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe -


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Photobucket

Light and Simple Soup with Celery, Pear, Leeks and Shrimp

(serves four)

2 cups chopped leeks
4 stalks of celery
2 Bosc Pears cut into 1/2 cubes or chunks
3 chicken bullion cubes
6 cups milk (I used 2%)
2 tablespoons flour
pepper
large shrimp/frozen cooked/de-tailed (4 per person)

Cook the leeks, celery and pears for a few minutes (I used Earth Balance Spread) until the celery and leeks become a little soft. Add flour to pan and stir well, cooking for an additional 2 minutes or so. Add the milk and wisk well to incorporate the flour. Crumble in the bullion cubes (or spoon in granulated). Toss in the shrimp, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Very tasty. Very Simple.