Photobucket

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rasta Frasta...

Firefox has this for a  Blogger Dashboard this morning.





Safari has THIS. This is the way it SHOULD look.

I am perplexed. Yesterday I had error messages for Firefox that would not abate. I uninstalled my Firefox browser and went to Safari and reinstalled from there. Clean new program. Still fubar this morning. I NEVER have problems on my Mac. This is why I have a Mac.  No problems. Evar. Perhaps I should have paid closer attention when I noticed some of the letters beginning to rub off on the keyboard. The " A" for example.  The "S" does not have a top. And, wait! The "D" is missing a side!  Hold on a second...if I shift things around...yeah...it spells SAD!!  My computer is sad!!!  So this means what, exactly? I am not sure. But as soon as I can figure it out I will send my computer some flowers to make it feel better. It is picking a bad time to go all sensitive on me.  Unfortunately, all my Keen bookmarks are in Firefox, so I must now go and export them to Safari. As if. As if I had time for this today.  Ah, damn. I have seven dog walks, a meeting, and an appointment for one of the kids early evening.  I will see if I can pull off a quality Keen post here. Be patient with me. Gah. AND Foo.

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

                              
The History of Stuff


Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:





Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:


"It is still the first week in January, and I've got great plans.  I've been thinking about seeing. There are lots of things to see, unwrapped gifts and free surprises. The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand.  But- and this is the point- who gets excited by a mere penny?  If you follow one arrow, if you crouch motionless on a bank to watch a tremulous ripple thrill on the water and are rewarded by the sight of a muskrat kit paddling from its den, will you count that sight a chip of copper only, and go your rueful way? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny.  But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted in pennies, you have with your poverty brought a lifetimes of days.  It is that simple. What you see is what you get." Annie Dillard: Pilgrim at Tinker Creek

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:





Pretty and Healthy Breakfast

My kids love this!

grapefruit slices
honeydew melon slices
fat free ricotta cheese
honey
sprinkles (optional)

Mix 1/2 cup fat free ricotta with 1 tablespoon of honey. Scoop using a small ice cream scoop or melon baller. Alternate the pink and green fruit. Top with the ricotta. Sprinkle away! Very "Spring" looking, eh?