Photobucket

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lions Rawr all over my floor!

Photobucket

Image by Me

Okay. Okay. Okay! First it was computer wonkies. Then it was camera wonkies. My minidrive SanDisk started whining. Whirring. And just *did not exist* per my camera, anyway. No Prob. Hop over to Staples, grab another (on sale, even!). These things? I can deal. No. Really. I can deal.

But...when your teen runs past you to the half bathroom and runs back upstairs with a plunger, there is trouble brewin'. Trouble with a capital "T". Said trouble was an overflowing loo-avec-poo which was flowing, flowing, flowing all over the floor and into the hall. Quickly I turned off the water to the toilet. Submerging the plunger, knocking back the gag reflex, stating, emphatically "No. No. NO!!!", I tamed the beast. I used EVERY. TOWEL. I. OWN. Lots of bleach. Two loads of laundry later, and huffing the wet swiffer pads for ambiance, I sat trembling. Do I need to tell you how heavy contractor's trash bag FULL OF WET STINKY TOWELS weighs? It reminded me of the time my infant daughter got a tummy bug, threw up all over her bed and clothes, and we HAD NO WASHING MACHINE. The day after the event, which saw me unbagging nasty smelling clothes and bedding in the middle of the laundro-mat, also saw me standing in line at Sears with bags of coins to insure the delivery of my equipment. (which, by the way, I still own).

It is already over 50 degrees here today, and the cats have had their requisite 50 trips in and out already. The are leaning OUT the window now, staring at finches at the bird feeder. I have doggie walks today, and some graphics work to knock off as well. Windows open wide, birds singing...who would have thought that we had 4 inches of snow just days ago? It smells so wonderful outside.

But, then again, after last night's episode what wouldn't?

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Such a Sweet Film...




Click here for North Woodsong Nature Photography


Click here for Garden of Dreams


Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


Click Here to see more about this totally amazing staircase!



Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:



"Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, while a large team of professionals built the Titanic" (I have no idea who said this, but I like it)


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Tasty and Healthy Pita Crisps

I usually have these on hand. My kids love to munch on them and they are a much healthier alternative to chips. We make these a lot at the catering company, too. They are strong enough for hummus dips and such, and are very inexpensive to make.

Simply buy a bag of pita bread. Using a knife or pizza wheel, cut into eight sections, peel apart the segments' top from bottom, place on a cookie sheet and spray or drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in a 375 degree oven, but stay near, they turn brown quickly!