Photobucket

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Say Whuuuut?

Image by Me

Today is Wednesday, the "Other Day Off" this week. For me that means several things. If I can pry myself away from the bowl of sunflower snacks I made, I will head out to run some errands before my meeting this afternoon. It also means a Really Hot Shower was had. I was treating myself to a long one in honor of my fixing the drain issue in the bathroom yesterday. This required a couple of hours in close proximity to a screwdriver, a drain snake (Oooh!) and some swearing with a side of Crispy Huff and Puff. Spicy.

I watched Ace of Cakes last night, in the ritual I am now calling "Bring Many Inches of Rain to Town". Sugar Shaman, am I. Off I go to grab the Wellies from the closet for the inevitable *splooshing*.


Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:

Found at one of my favorite sites: The Color Bourbon


Okay, color me a bright shade of Whackadoo, but *every* blessed time I read this I parse it that the Republicans are sending their own woman to bat. Two words: Birth. Canal. NOT a very good choice for content authoring, if'n you ask me. 'Specially if you parse it that way with the rest of the sentence. Ooooh, doggie!

And, um, I am speechless over this one...


The Wave Box

I would love to see someone haul one into the mall, sit down at an outlet on the dusty floor by Penny's and wave up some panini sandwich right there in front of the bed linen section. Do we REALLY need this??? I mean, really now people...

Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:

Green Home Bedding

Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:

Image by Me

"The Infinite keeps naught save Love, for it is in its own likeness." - Kahlil Gibran "A Tear and a Smile"

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:


Corntatta

(serves one for main, 2 for starters)

1/2 bag organic frozen corn kernels (5 oz)
2 eggs
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup fat free ricotta cheese
2 oz low fat cheddar grated
1 teaspoon tarragon leaves, crushed
1 tablespoon corn meal
1 tablespoon finely grated romano cheese

Beat the eggs within an inch of their life. Add milk, and take out more aggression thereon. Plop in the ricotta and have-at-it again. Same with the cheddar and tarragon. Stir in the corn. Pour into a greased baking dish (a small one). Mix the corn meal and the romano and sprinkle on top. Place in a 385 degree oven for 3o minutes or until the top looks browned lightly, and the custard has set.