Photobucket

Friday, January 4, 2008

Ow.
















Image by Me: This morning's grape juice, chaser for the migraine meds.


I used to get them more often, that crashing, pulsing pain, the nausea, sensitivity to light, just-someone-please-give-me-a-gun migraines. In years past I even ended up at Lawrence General hooked up to my New Best Friend, Mr. IV with Demerol. Lovely thing, that Demerol. I think we should all have Subcutaneous pumps with Demerol on one side and Cyanide in the other. (don't mix those up, Dude). Life would seem so much more *manageable*. Stuck in traffic? No problem. Tap that Dem side a few times. Watching Huckabee win the election? No problem. Tap that Cyanide side a few times...

So no full spectrum light box for me this morning. Even the bright blue of Good Morning America is way to harsh for these retinas.

It looks like my favorite sassy lass Dooce has expanded her family! And to think I lusted after her dog Chuck for so long! Now I have another sweetie to gasp at and want. *sigh* I told God that in lieu of a boyfriend I would take a dog. I think he had better ideas! I thought to myself the other day..."Hmmmm Dogs live about 10-12 years average. A *halfway decent* relationship will last that long. You can kick a dog out of bed if he smells. A man? Not so much. Men, like dogs, must check out everyone's rear end upon noticing them in their immediate area. Men run away sometimes. Dogs run away sometimes. You can bribe both with *treats*" and so on. Jury is still out on this.

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:















(Image via Pink Tentacle.com)
Pimp My Rice Paddy














Holy Coinage, Batman!!!
Space Quid
Now that is some pretty coinage!


Your Daily Wonderful Design:















(Image via www.fubiz.net)
You get the bills-I get the dog divorce lawyer cards!























Image also from Fubiz.net (Yes, the site is in French)
Very Cool Watch Design

Your Daily Inspiring Words:























Image Botanical Register 1815

Do not disparage men who appear small, for there are those,
Seemingly insignificant, who are like the linchpin of a mighty chariot. -Tirukkural 67:667

Your Daily Wicked-Good Food:

Simple. Simple. Simple. Green and Black's 70% cocoa Chocolate bar with dried cranberries.















Images by me

Simple. Simple. Simple Redux: White Miso soup with squash (submerged)

Cannot bear to stare at the screen any longer. More cool food and stuff tomorrow!