Photobucket

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Photobucket
Image by Me

We have had over 26 inches of snow here in New England! Having already burned through our snow removal budget for the YEAR(!!), I have written the government and suggested that ALL teenagers must clear the walks and driveways until we see the ground. I think we would see a marked improvement in a number of areas. I supplied charts and graphs. And photographs. You know, to support my idea. See, that way I can sit here with my coffee and let go of the bottle of Aleve that has been my best friend for two weeks. I think we need a break from one another.

I think one would need more pain killers to carry THIS
to the table this year.

Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:



Skinny LaMinx

Art for Change:



Cheque de la Realidad


Your Daily dose of Wonderful Design:




(images courtesy of Dezeen.com)
Eden Bio by Eduoard Francois

Designed by a French architect, this design for a social housing development surrounded by organic gardens is simply amazing!
Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:


(Portrait of May Sarton by Polly Thayer 1936 currently residing in the MFA Boston)
I would like to believe when I die that I have given myself away like a tree that sows seed every spring and never counts the loss, because it is not loss, it is adding to future life. It is the tree's way of being. Strongly rooted perhaps, but spilling out its treasure on the wind. - May Sarton

Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

I *totally* rocked a number of people's worlds with these this week. I now have the perfect treat for bribing folks to do my will. Mwaaa haaaaa haaaa!


Image by Me

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large bowl stir together 1 14 oz package of flaked coconut, 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Whip 1 large egg white until soft peaks, then fold into coconut mixture.

Mound tablespoon-ful of batter onto cookie sheets and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden brown around edges. Let cool completely.