Photobucket

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Festive Friday

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Image by Me

This blog has been in existence for only a short time so I was really excited to see that, as of yesterday, we are read in 9 countries, and in 11 of the United States. That, my friends, is a Really Keen Thing! (Paris!, London!, Iran!!)

I have lots of projects up my sleeve so let's get on with your Vitamin K (Keen)


Your Daily Keen Things:








Gracialouise
This site has really wonderful things. I especially like the dolls and felted things. Some of the cards are really marvelous as well. I enjoy finding people who inspire me to reach into new ideas.






If on a Winter's night a traveler

"If on a Winter's Night a Traveler is a marvel of ingenuity, an experimental text that looks longingly back to the great age of narration--"when time no longer seemed stopped and did not yet seem to have exploded."








Your Daily Wonderful Design:



http://www.chrismcadoo.com

I greatly admire the oil paintings for Chris McAdoo. I enjoy the way he has captured the light on water, something very difficult to do well. There is a weight to these images, a heft of moist air, sometimes dark, that calls to my quiet mind.













Saints on Cellphones!





Your Daily Inspiring Words:

"But remember always that the true self is never a fixed thing....because the true self is always in motion like music, a river of life, changing, moving, failing, suffering, learning, shining. That is why you must freely and recklessly make new mistakes-in writing or in life-and do not fret about them but pass on and write more....and do not try to be consistent, for what is true to you today, may not be true at all tomorrow, because you see a better truth."

by Brenda Ueland from If You Want to Write


Your Daily Wicked-Good Food:


Two good things that are great together! Bengal Spice tea from Celestial Seasonings and Rice Drink from Goya. If you are looking for a hefty drink with some substance and flavor without too many calories check this out. Add anise stars if you feel so inclined. The Rice Drink is made from rice, sugar, peanuts** and coriander. Tres Yummi!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Chocolate Cherry Fruitcake update:

I have been sousing up my fruitcake all week. I know the instructions call for 3 tablespoons, but I wanted to see how drunk I could make this cake. It seems just right now, after dousing it several more times than suggested. Unlike the rum-laden fruitcake counterpart, the Amaretto is mild and you can't taste much alcohol.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket