Photobucket

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wednesday feeling like a Monday

Photobucket
Image by Me- "Picasso" acrylic paint on wood 2005

My inner clock is befuddled. So is my bedside clock. See, I got one of those clock radio/iPod docks for Christmas, only since it has been a perpetual weekend for much of the past two weeks, I did not even think to study the manual to see how to set the damn thing. Good thing I thought ahead, because when 5:30 AM came around my cell phone alarm went off. Not the iPod. I kicked Belle the cat out of my room last night for being silly and active in the middle of the night, too, so I did not have the benefit of her tummy alarm waking me to tell me it was, indeed, time to get down to the food box and get her a handful. Slow morning here, folks. Need. More. Coffee. Now. Maybe some cool stuff will wake us all up?

Your Daily Cool Things:

Eat More Clamzez!!



























Ant Condos


Your Daily Wonderful Design:


I am a huge fan of sustainable design, in homes, in decoration, in food, and in just about everything. Aside from the cool hobbit feeling this evokes for me, it is just a remarkable construction. Via Think or Thwim:











Hobbit House
















Biodegradable cloth made from corn!




















Herman Miller Chairs


Your Daily Inspiring Words:

Photobucket

Image by Me

For nothing is fixed, forever and forever and forever, it is not fixed; the earth is always shifting, the light is always changing, the sea does not cease to grind down rock. Generations do not cease to be born, and we are responsible to them because we are the only witnesses they have. The sea rises, the light fails, lovers cling to each other, and children cling to us. The moment we cease to hold each other, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out. James Baldwin


Your Daily Wicked-Good Food:









Image by Me

Noodles with Chick Peas

1 pack of fresh noodles (I used Naysoa Chinese Style Noodles)
1 clove garlic
1 small can chick peas
1/4 cup red spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup cream or half and half
salt
pepper
grated romano cheese
oragano to taste

Boil water and cook noodles. Fresh noodles take much elss time than dry. Strain the noodles and keep them warm in a little warm water. In a skillet cook chopped or minced garlic until lightly browned. Add chick peas and warm them through. Add red sauce and cream and stir until combined well. Add oregano. Allow the sauce to thicken. Plate the noodles and sppon the sauce on top. Serve warm.