Photobucket

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day After

Photobucket

Image by Me-Barn Series

Sometimes the day after Christmas feels sorta like when you come to a sudden stop in your car and everything slams and slides off the seat onto the floor. All that pre-holiday energy builds and builds and builds then POPS! Now I get to sit here and admire my tree before I haul it to the curb to meet a rather Chippy Death. Sad, that. Next year it will be a Live Tree to be planted apres winter. I hope you all made it through the holiday intact. Or, in tact. Whatever. If you didn't poke Aunt Gladys in the eyes and push her down the stairs, then I would say it was Ye Goode Thing. Now bend and stretch and reach for the sky and be rid of that pie and gravy and all that wine. You think I didn't see you sneak that extra glass of Syrah? Pshaw! I saw. But I can be bribed, you know. With Cool Things. Like this:


Your Daily Cool Things:

I have always admired animators, and if pressed for a secret dream job, I would confess, under duress of bamboo shoots below the quick of my nails, that I have wanted to work for Pixar since I saw the tensor lamp segment on Sesame Street.

JUMP!!!!






Blooming Tea!!!


When I was a kid, my father would bring home gifts from his travels. One of my favorite presents was a clam from China, which when submerged in water would open and bloom with wonderful streamers and flowers. These teas remind me of that, and of him. I shall send for some of these toute-de-suite. How charming. And, well, cool!

Your Daily Wonderful Design:



Disappearing Car Door!

Now exactly HOW silly would you look with your raincoat hanging out the door, flapping along in the grit with this get up?

Speaking of automobiles, check out Design Warehouse, in Santa Fe:



Design Warehouse

"Inspired by the compact cars popular in Europe and Japan, the A9 may be the smallest car in the Automoblox line-up but it is certainly big on style. Featuring smaller three-spoke wheels, low-profile tires and generous roofline with plenty of headroom, your child is sure to get great mileage from this little gem."

Your Daily Inspiring Words:

Photobucket
Image by Me-Mixed Media

I Am That Which I Seek, by Jenifer Shapiro

I am that which I seek.
I am the seer, the known and unknown. The lover, the light, the bliss.
I am the unconditional one beyond judgment, scorn or criticism.
I am the whole Self, filled with the love of a thousand lives and the wisdom of the ages.
I am the water that shines, cleans, flows through and surrenders.
I am the earth that holds all of us upon it's glorious strength.
I am the wind that carries the voice of God - sometimes as a prophet, often as a whisper.
I am the light of my soul and the connection to all souls.
I am the truth, for I have already lived the lies and won my freedom from them long ago.
And while at times I may forget and scan the periphery for a sign of me,
When I am quiet, when I am free, I remember, I am that which I seek.


Your Daily Wicked-Good Food:

Raspberry Chantilly Cream



1 pint heavy whipping cream

1 pint fresh raspberries, or frozen (if using raspberries in syrup adjust the sugar)

1/2 cup sugar

3 tablespoons water


Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a pan and stirring until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the raspberries and continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool and then run through a sieve or strainer, pushing the pulp against the sides with a spoon to get out all the juicy goodness.

Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add the raspberry coulis and fold to mix well. Make sure to use pretty stemware for presentation.