Photobucket

Saturday, May 9, 2009

"B" Healthy Spread

Photobucket

I cannot eat much Peanut Butter. Although I adore it, it does not adore me. I end up with sores inside my mouth if I eat it too frequently. I find that nut butters are a great form of energy, and fuel me for hours. Yesterday I created this spread, which was TOTALLY YUMMY and stuffed with goodness. The taste is nutty and tangy, and you could also add agave nectar or honey to make a sweeter version. The above picture is the more savory flavor, and was served on Chive Bread I made from chives I harvested in a field. My kids call it Poison Ivy Bread. They tease me a great deal for my foraging. When we end up living in the woods because of the economy, I think they will tease me much less for this...

Healthy Walnut Spread

I handful of chopped walnuts ground in a pestle until a coarse paste forms
1/2 teaspoon of walnut oil
1/2 teaspoon flax oil
1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast flakes
pinch of sea salt


(FYI: Walnuts are great at lifting seratonin levels. Walnut oil has lots of Omega 3's as does the flax oil, and nutritional yeast flakes are chocked-full of bio-available vitamin B.)