Photobucket

Monday, January 19, 2009

"Uncle!"

Photobucket

My elbow hurts. Really. Hurts. I don't know what,exactly, happened, but I suspect it was from repeatedly hoisting a shovel full of snow over my head so that the deposit could be made 6 feet high, over my head. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. I went to bed and woke up to 4 new inches of fresh snow.

Lux and I romped about in it for a while, then I grabbed the shovel and started to dig us out. Again. Now, all sleepy in a curled up ball, she smells of wet mittens, and only lightly of dog (I find that a raw diet leads to a less smelly dog. In fact, I love the way she smells). I have blankets up over my knees and a hot mug of Joe (alas, not a real Joe, mind you...*le sigh*).

I will say that crawling into bed at night, after shoveling many times and hiking in the snowy woods, with my laptop and Fancast to keep me warm, has been a joy. I made it through all of the episodes of The Practice, and have now started to watch episodes of Twin Peaks.

So, um, yeah...about this snow. I love snow. I really do. But, I am tired now. And my elbow hurts.

Cease with the precip. M'Kay?