Photobucket

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Well Now...


I have been off the blog for a while now, eh? Seems that one of my computers had a catastrophic and fatal event, which has caused major Time Suckage, among other things. And, since that system contains most of my art, photography and graphics work, I have been busy dealing with my external hard drive (oooh baby) and trying to switch files over from a PC format to a Mac format, including rebuilding my iTunes via scrubbers and file transfer systems, like Senuti. And, both of my daughters got sick this week. AND, my Check Engine light went on yesterday prompting me to have coffee in the shiny Jaffarian Toyota waiting room, so as to spend 85 bucks to have someone tell me I should pay better attention when getting gas, to be sure to screw the cap back ALL THE WAY. *smacksheadwith handrepeatedly*

And this morning, my conversations went something like THIS:

Daughter: "I am so tired"
Me: "Did you have a bad sleep?"
D: "Yeah, I am still pretty stuffy."
M: "Did the meds I gave you help at all?"
D: "Dunno, but this morning I woke up all booggery. Do I sound stuffy?"
M: "A little."
D: "WHAT!!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT TO ME???? YOU RUINED MY WHOLE MORNING!!! THANKS A LOT MOM!!!! NOW I CAN'T TALK ALL DAY. GREAT. JUST FRIKKEN GREAT. THANKS, MOM!!!"

pause...

D: "Mom, do I have a mustache?"
M: "No, dear (sweetly) you do not."
D: "Yes, I do"
M:"Didn't you just get your eyebrows and other face bits waxed?"
D: "Yeah, but it grew back"
M: "Since a few days ago??"
D: "I CAN'T TALK TO YOU ABOUT ANYTHING. YOU ARE SO ANNOYING!!! ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!"


pause...

D: "So, do I look alright???"
M: "Um, yes dear." (very quietly)
D: "Why are you talking like THAT??!!!"
M: "Because no matter what I say you are going to be angry at me."
D: "I AM NEVER TALKING TO YOU AGAIN!!!!! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!"
M: (daughter gets out of car at Middle School) "Have a good day"
D: **grumble**

M: (under my breath as she gets out of the car) "Get the Fuck out of my car."

Is it too early for booze in my coffee???

So, I come home to look at my email. SCORE!!!

This, sent to me by Kevin in Illinois:



So, bear with me as I regroup over here. I am dealing with Mutinous Machines and Irascible Camels.