Photobucket

Monday, September 15, 2008

Pounding the Prozac


I am not generally an alarmist. At heart, though this year has been really difficult in lots of ways, I remain an optimist, a Possibilitarian. But...

When I see over 250 BILLION taxpayer dollars going to buy out Bear Stearns and the Fannies, combined with the billions of dollars for damages from Gustav, Hanna and Ike, Lehman Brothers going down the drain, Merrill Lynch selling out to Bank of America, an un-ending war moving from Iraq to Afghanistan, Venezuela shutting us off as they get hot and heavy with Russia, Cuba getting ready to drill for oil off of the coast of Florida, gas in Saudi Arabia at .45 cents, the post hurricane season harvests trashed in the croplands of America, the Yee-Haw ticket in the elections, I feel like sitting here awaiting the opening of the stock market while sucking my thumb and rocking back and forth.

I want my yurt or cabin now, please. And some land. Sheep maybe. Water collectors, solar panels, a permaculture garden and some really good friends.