Photobucket

Friday, August 1, 2008

Peachy Keen

Photobucket


Welcome to the Tail End of Summer. And, I mean that in a kind and loving way, of course. Rumor has it that it may not rain today. We shall see about that. August traditionally means several things for me. First, my allergies kick in. And, if the Kleenex boxes around my house are an indication, I would confirm that, yes, indeed, ragweed and goldenrod are out there having wild sex in the fields. Second, cicadas start their hissing song, undulating choirs in the twilight. In fact, yesterday I spied one, albeit a dead one, on a stone wall. Third and foremost, the peaches are perfect this time of year. I ate The Ultimate Peach yesterday. It was positively orgasmic. It made my entire day. My week! Maybe my year, even. Go out and find yourself a juicy, ripe peach. Sit down in the shade with a towel for the drips, and indulge yourself. Really. It will slingshot you straight into Keen.


Your Daily Dose of Cool Things:


Click Here to find out more about this Keen Bubble Wrap Calendar



Your Daily Dose of Wonderful Design:


Click Here to learn more bout this BACON alarm clock...You, too, can wake to the smell of freshly cooked bacon!


Your Daily Dose of Inspiring Words:



"I used to sit on the banks with a raft and watch the water roll lazily by. One day I pushed my raft into the shallows of the water and found the water moved swifter than I thought. My raft was actually a boat. Then, after some time, I rowed my little boat into deeper water. There were great storms, mighty winds, tremendous waves, and sometimes I felt so alone. But I have noticed my little rowboat is now a mighty ship manned by my friends and loved ones; and beautiful calm seas, warm sunny days, and nights filled with comfortable dreams always double after a storm. Now, I could never go back and sit on the bank. In fact, I search for deeper water. Such is life when lived."- B. D. Gulledge


Your Daily Dose of Wicked-Good Food:

Photobucket

Fat Bastard Shiraz

Crank the AC up to high. Get chilly. Put on a great movie and crack a bottle of this unctuous red. Deep ruby color, wonderful cherry and blackberry aromas with hints of cedar and cinnamon are present in this wine. Immediately accessible, round and juicy with just the right amount of tannins to stand up to some grilled dinner, this shiraz is bound to please especially at the price of under 10 dollars. Another under ten winner!