Photobucket

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Future of America, perhaps the World

Kid: Mom, I study and study and study and that social studies stuff just does not stick for me. I am worried about my exam.

Me: Hmmmm, well, can I help you with that?

Kid: No. I study and study and I just tank on the test. (she did fine, by the way...as we found out later, but...) It is not like math. THAT makes sense, and it sticks in my brain. I mean, jeeze, it's not like I am ever gonna use any of this stuff.

Me: Um, yeah, you will.

Kid: I don't think that the history of land appropriation on our continent and socio-political stuff is ever gonna be something I use.

Me: Hmmmm, well, considering the state of the world, honey, I think you just might want to pay attention to this stuff. It is important.

Kid: Mom! You just don't get it!!! I DONT CARE.

*sigh*

At least she is awesome at math, something at which I really, truly suck.