Photobucket

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Throw the car into reverse...

Photobucket

This morning, under the covers, Lux nudged her head into my closer, sighed and nuzzled me. We heard the wind blowing hard outside, trash cans careening into things, branches falling. 5:30 AM alarm. Hit snooze. 5 Minute reprieve. Again. Again. Again.

I wake and don my multiple layers of fleece, pull on woolen socks, hiking boots, hat, trundle down to make coffee, wake the girls for school. Just before I leave I look at the porch thermometer.

60 degrees.

Eh? Huh? Wha? Fall, how we missed thee!

I had downloaded Guggenheim Grotto Waltzing Alone album yesterday, and it has been on heavy rotation most of the last 15 hours, save those I was sleeping. Lux and I ran about the neighborhood, she scoring a bagel, I lifting my arms to the wind in flight. I listened to the music, loudly, through my headphones. Hitting the park, we ran in the soggy grass and I sang, belted out, the songs flowing through my ears...so happy.

This makes me happy, too:


"Angela Adams is a proud member of RUGMARK, a global nonprofit organization working to end illegal child labor in the carpet industry and offer educational opportunities to children in India, Nepal, and Pakistan. It does this through loom and factory monitoring, consumer labeling, and running schools for former child workers."




Way Keen Bamboo Laptop! Click Here!


Currently listening to "Children of the Night: by Cassandra Wilson on Jango

Click Here

Have a good day, people! I shall go forth and dodge the trash cans which are flying about the neighborhood. Wheee!