Photobucket

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Almost, But Not Quite...

Photobucket

Granny Having Coffee

I know there are going to be days in this Painting A Day process when I cringe at the results of my labors. I expect that. Part of addressing creative vulnerability is owning when something just "does not come out right". This is one of those days. This painting is of my Grandmother, from a Polaroid image I have of her sitting at the dining room table drinking coffee. She had a very unique look to her, one which I was unable to capture here, and that makes me feel sad. Perhaps I shall work on another painting soon to see if I can aptly relay the elegance and grace and the special qualities that her face had. Anyway, here's to being open and honest about my process. I learned a lot from working on this painting, anyway, and I guess that is part of the point of the whole project.