Photobucket

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Paint Promise

Photobucket
December 2, 2009

I decided something yesterday. It has been a long time since I picked up my paintbrush and played with watercolors, acrylics, coffee (yes, coffee!). I have wanted to reach for them, but found myself feeling awkward, unsure, disabled in some way by my own censorship. Much of my life over the past year has been about facing fears squarely in the face. I saw something the other day that read: "Don't NOT do something because of fear. Choose any of 100 other reasons, but not fear." I have decided to call my fear right to it's face, to name it and to overcome it, allowing me more room to Be.

I am an artist.

So, for the month of December I am vowing to do a painting a day. It can be tiny, inconsequential, whatever "comes up". So, there you have it. You are now my willing victims.

Let the good times roll.