Photobucket

Monday, November 9, 2009

One Man's G Flat is another's F Sharp

Photobucket

Ribbons and Sparks

There is a man who lives at the end of my street. He is from Poland. He is round and happy and has fruit trees in his yard, apple, plum, pear, peach, and raspberry bushes. At one time he used to have chickens. I have lived on this street for almost 9 years, and every season I have taken pictures of his flowers, plants, blossoms, buds, and declining flora. There is so much beauty there.

This morning I was on my knees on his sidewalk taking some of the pictures I posted earlier, and he came out to his car. He saw me and waved. The next thing I knew he was beside me.

"Thank you so much for taking pictures of my flowers. I don't know what it is you see, though. Because they are done now and I see garbage. I am always amazed at what you see"

"Oh. Thank YOU so much for being okay with me all strewn out on your sidewalk! And, see (I show him the following picture)...I see Beauty here. Look! A delicate ballerina dress:

Photobucket

Tutu

He shook his head and started to walk away. I went back to my photography. Then, after a minute of sitting in his car, he came back to me, surprising me and he said:

"Um, There is MORE garbage in the back!!! Many more dying flowers. Please feel free to come and go as you please."

What a lovely, lovely moment!