Photobucket

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Comfort


I have had a very interesting couple of weeks. There have been both big and small disappointments, an email/verbal attack, interviews gone bad, a migraine, a hang-over (my bad, I know...), and more. There have been wonderful moments of connection with friends, old and new, long chuckling phone conversations, chocolate ganache birthday cake, and more. And today? Today I just about had enough. I felt down and a bit deflated. So I took myself to the local Thai place, Sweet Basil, and had Chicken Coconut Soup and fresh Basil rolls, comfort food.

It did not erase the owies from being forgotten about, or the boo boo of being rejected for a job I was psyched about, or the continuation of flour moth infestation. But, for about 20 minutes or so, I *was* having mouthgasms of joy.

Sometimes I am so simple to please.