Photobucket

Monday, December 29, 2008

Dancing on the Edge


These cusp times, those days before the New Whatever, are full of imaginings. I have been thinking about and discussing the Possibilities for the New Year. As most of us do, I take time to reflect upon the passing year, and make some choices about intent for the new one. Like most of us I think about treating my body better, and taking time to nurture myself. This new year I invite more play into my life. More Joy. I have pretty much sequestered myself this past year, feeling less inclined to reach out to others, to seek new friends, to find playgrounds that inspire me.


See, many of my connections with Human Beings have been less than satisfactory. I know that rests on my shoulders, for making those choices, for picking people who are either too self absorbed, or not authentic, incapable of growth or lacking the desire to share deeply. So, this past year I retreated into myself and to the quiet places to find answers, to find my own cadence, to seek my Authentic Self, so that I can better shine that out into the world as a beacon for others to see.


This year I am thankful for the goodness that has come my way with some new friends, and for the arrival of Lux, my best doggie buddy. I am grateful for my continued healing, for my opening heart and for a warm bed and a roof over my head. And, I am thankful for all of you loyal readers, as most days that connection is so very precious to me, because I feel seen and heard. That is a tremendous gift, and I thank you all very much!