Photobucket

Monday, December 1, 2008

Can't Turn Your Back on it...

Photobucket

There is no rewind button now. November slipped away, quickly, under the door, and before we knew it it has become That Month. After Thanksgiving I refuse to enter the Mall. Too many people, too much consumption, too much everything. My sensory overload button gets pushed the minute I open the door and huff the Abercrombie cologne. Tilt. Void. And then the change starts flying out of my pockets like a slot machine. Not for me. I will drive TO the Mall, slow down and yell at the girls to "Tuck and Roll" as they merge into the masses, all a-grin with their cell phones stuck on their ears.

Not even for Ruby Tuesday 22 oz. beers on draught will I enter that temple.

And, really now, what the hell is it with people who put up their Festivus Poles (Christmas Trees) THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING? Wrong. Wrong. Wrong, I say. I can't even settle my eyes on the wire and light laden articulating reindeer. The garish Halloween decor has been yanked and tossed to the curb, and in it's place are garlands, trees, shiny electric boxes, all sorts of "animals of the season" and the inevitable 8 ft. tall inflated Grinch, with the pump humming through the Silent Night. In one yard I saw one deflated witch sitting next to an inflated snowman. Talk about being dissed. If I were that witch I would be royally pissed.

For those in the know, my kid got accepted to her first-choice college, (with a coveted Scholarship gift given to only a chosen few incoming freshman) and thus the Season of Giving will be certainly less in volume than any previous year. "Here, dear, have a delightful textbook on Global Economics!!!!!"

Here I provideth unto you some Keen Shizzle:








Listening To: Bon Iver Flume



Click Here to be redirected to Bon Iver's Myspace page


"It wasn’t planned. The goal was to hibernate...

Justin Vernon moved to a remote cabin in the woods of Northwestern Wisconsin at the onset of winter. Tailing from the swirling breakup of his long time band, he escaped to the property and surrounded himself with simple work, quiet, and space. He lived there alone for three months, filling his days with wood splitting and other chores around the land. This special time slowly began feeding a bold, uninhibited new musical focus..."